Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
Neuro – The mind and how we think
Linguistics – How we use language and how it affects us
Programming – How we sequence our actions to achieve our goals
NLP – Presuppositions
These are a set of assumptions on which NLP is based.
- The ability to change how we experience reality has more effect then changing the content of our experience of reality.
We cannot change the past but we can change the way in which we view and respond to it. This can lead to a new approach to how we experience the world.
- The map is not the territory. There is no right map but some maps create limitations and stop us from fulfilling ourselves.
The blueprint of our mind may be set but we can create another path to follow, again and again.
- People always make the best choices available to them according to their knowledge experience and beliefs.
We all do the best we can given the tools available to us.
- People have all the resources they need to affect change or can create them.
We can use the way in which our mind works to our advantage.
- Every behaviour is motivated by positive intention. There is a context in which every behaviour has value.
- The meaning of communication is the response it elicits.
- There is no failure- only feedback. If what you are doing isn’t working do something else. Developing flexibility in thinking and behaving is important.
- Mind and body are part of the same system. Every thought has physiological effects. Positive emotions enable us to think more clearly and problem solve
Neuro – Linguistic practitioner
The experience of teaching art and creativity and my interest in mental health and recovery lead to exploration into Neuro-Linguistics. The way in which the brain organises and assimilates information leading to behaviours and patterns both healthy and unhealthy was and still is intriguing. I studied and qualified as a master practitioner in NLP and now continue to assist individuals with achieving a greater sense of physical and mental well- being, drawing on my counselling skills and knowledge gained personally and professionally.
My aim as a practitioner is to enable the individual to tap into their own resources, empowering and allowing them to develop personal awareness and the tools to use when life can become challenging. Challenges can come in all kind of guises from deep rooted beliefs that limit the person from moving forward, to anxieties, phobias, stress and lack of confidence. In today’s society we can often find ourselves in auto – pilot mode losing touch with who we really are and what we really want in life. I offer a service to help redress the balance for those who have a need, a desire to change.
So, whether you feel yourself being caught in a rut, unable to voice how you feel, difficulty in relaxing, bullied at work. It could be you are restricted by a phobia or haunted by night mares, living with a sense that something is not quite right or just a feeling that you can‘t put into words, take a step towards taking control of your life and contact me for an informal chat and let’s take from there.
As with all the help I give to others, I come from a place of the heart and this means that compassion and non-judgement are the foundations from which I practice.
Price & Bookings for NLP
Initial assessment 1 – 2 hours £45.00. Following sessions £35.00 per hour.
Costs are subject to circumstance e.g. travel distance and room hire.
All NLP sessions are available for delivery in the workplace for staff or client groups prices for these are upon request and circumstance dependent.
Please feel free to email email@example.com or call 07402732237 with any questions.